Vegetarian Kimchee Grilled Cheese
Kimchee makes everything better
If you are like me you love spicy foods. Kimchee is the magical meeting point of a few of my passions, spicy, sour, and fermented. Being that it is fermented, that makes it a healthy treat as well. So when I saw Deuki Hong's recipe for kimchee grilled cheese, I had to try it. Of course I hippie-fied the recipe a bit, with lots of organic ingredients and sprouted grain bread.
What you will need
- Sprouted grain bread
- Sriracha Mayo
- Cheese (muenster, smoked gouda, & shredded jack)
- Fakin Bacon Tempeh
- Pastured butter
Step by step
- Put tempeh in oven for 7 minutes at 350
- Warm the pan, medium
- Apply mayo to both pieces of bread
- Put nori on both sides
- Put sliced cheese on
- Put kimchee on
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on to kimchee
- Take Tempeh out of the oven and put on top of shredded cheese
- Put bread on top
- Butter one side of bread (pan side)
- Put sandwich on pan, butter side down, apply pressure!
- Apply butter to bread facing up then flip
- Cook each side until golden brown, then enjoy!
Although many of the probiotics are destroyed during the cooking process, eating fermented food is an important part of our diets. Fermented foods are partially broken down, making it easier for your digestive tract to process. When eaten at the right temperate, fermented foods add important probiotics to our digestive tracts which helps with a number of wellness goals, like immune system. Pair with a real pickle to get a little extra probiotics to the dish.